Digital marketing has evolved as a new branch of promotion for digital marketing agencies in Delhi due to social media proliferation and expansion of internet and smart phones in communication. They are now compelled to employ much better disruptive marketing campaigns to reach their audiences, mostly millennial, those have technology as well as buying capacity within their reach. There are many factors that are responsible for the engagement driven digital marketing proliferation.
- Inter-connectivity is on the rise. People have started making serious communication among them on social media and other available platforms for variety of purposes including commerce, banking and purchasing.
- Technology is leveling the information playing field where masses have better and faster means of communication to get into communication with each other.
- Relevant filtering is increasing as people have become choosy about their choices instead of going through every piece of information coming across them.
- Niche aggregation is growing as discussions are on the rise at the preferred group and masses.
- Micro publishing of personal content is increasing in form of tweets where people have started indulging into self promotion.
- Prosumer (Product Reviews, etc.)
- Mobile marketing and mobile-commerce in on the rise. And rapid increase has been witnessed in form of e-commerce proliferation offering anyplace-anytime availability of commodity and services.
How to tackle this rising trend of consumer behavior change in information assessment and making purchasing decisions digital marketing agencies are streamlining the mammoth information flow online. They are chalking out the strategy to handle sales planning ahead. For a client, a digital marketing agency require to following steps and activities.
- First of it needs to learn about a client’s business.
- Next they need to know about the competition faced by a client.
- Minutely observe the client’s customer, first
- Make strategy how to achieve a customer’s goal.
Defining a Digital Customer
A digital customer, predominantly, is found online on search engines and social media sites. Certain unique characteristics of their, differentiate, them from a traditional customer.
- Digital consumers are comfortable with the communication medium they use
- They want it all, they want it all
- They are in control
- They are fickle
- They are vocal
- They want on demand, anything, anyplace and anywhere
Setting and Measuring Goals in Digital Marketing
Setting goals in digital marketing is an important step requiring an iterative process of refinement and improvement. The progress of the goals set for a digital costumer thus is measured by the means of Web Traffic, SERP Rank, Conversion and ROI. The tools therefore used for measurement are happen to be technical and consumer behavior based.
a.) Cookies Based
b.) Web server log files
2. Consumer Behavior Based
a.) Conversion rate
b.) Page Views
c.) Absolute unique visitors
d.) New vs returning visitors
e.) Abandoned rate
f.) CPC (Cost per Conversion)
- Content Marketing
- BIG Data Auditing
- Web Personalization
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Display Advertising
- Influencer Group Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Help fuel search engine optimization (SEO) efforts
- Increase Brand awareness
- Generate quality leads for less money (when compared to more traditional marketing)
|CALL TO ACTION||MEASUREMENTS||MANNER||DELIVERY|
|Stand Out (Unique)||Conversion Rate||Promotional||Blogs|
|Indicated Towards A Lead||Page Views||Informational||Article Sites|
|Create An Urgency||Absolute unique visitors||Social|
|Positioned In a Prominent Area||Conversion Rate||Article Bookmarking|
|Blog Posts||Info graphics||Templates||Work Books|
|Case Studies||Larger Definitive Guide||Videos||Guest Blogging|
|Check Lists||Reference Guides||Visual Content||Press Release|
|E- Books||Slide Shares||Webinars|
|Content Activity||Tone / Style||Heading Example|
|Blog||Interactive||Some refreshing colors in curtain designs|
|Article||Informational||How colors add to your home design?|
|Press Release||Informational||XYZ introduces its new color range in curtains|
|Promotional||Choose the best colors for your curtains this season|
Data Auditing/Big Data
As consumes are on mobile, social sites and they are in abundance, it is required data to be audited and curate for the prospects.
Behavior Based Data Metrics
|LIVE STREAMS||TRADE SHOWS||WEB PAGES||FORUMS|
|Registered For||Attended||Watched a landing page||Submitted an idea|
|Viewed||Visited Booth||Filled out form on a landing page||Read about best practices|
|Comment During||Watched Booth||Used Instant chat functionality||Read about ideas|
|Asked Questions During||Attended Multiple Shows||Request a call back||Visited knowledge base|
|Follow Up Recording||Viewed any||Read about product information|
|Rated Event||ROAD SHOWS||Viewed product page||Asked a question|
|Registered||Watched price||Asked multiple questions|
|SURVEYS||Attended||Watched customer reviews||Answered a question|
|Visited||AttendedMultiple Events||Watched multiple web pages||Answered multiple questions|
|Completed||Shared through social bookmarking||Shared a best practice|
|Viewed Results||White Paper||Browser Used|
|Multiple Survey Participations||Viewed information on|
|Search Activity||Registration Completed|
|Searched For Company Name||Multiple Registration|
|Searched For Product Name||Downloaded|
|Search for Others|
|Search Engine Used|
Other ways to collect data
- Data from Google analytics
- Data from google webmaster tools
- Abandoned carts
- Successful order data collection
- Channel Partner qualified leads data Flip Cart, Snap Deal, Amazon,etc.
- Facebook and other social media accounts like, comments to be observed.
Depending upon a website’s look personalization helps a website to be developed around the aspect of lead and business generation. Some features of web personalization.
- User friendly features
- Web personalization and cross channel features
- Personalized content brings 5 times more leads
Web personalization attributes are to be based upon
- Buying Interest
- Firmographics, etc.
Actions for web personalization
- Newer Color And Font Options
- Attractive And Better Cart Management
- Web Personalization And E-Mail Marketing
- Web Personalization And Offline Marketing
- Content Plan For The Website
- Product Designs and Updates
- Pricing Strategies
- Cart Strategies
Predictive results of web personalization
- Higher Engagement Rates
- Increased Brand Preferences
- Improved Conversion Rates
- Uplift in Sales
Web personalization metrics
|Early Stage||Mid Stage||Later Stage|
|Increased time on site and content consumption||Better Contacts there are added||ROI Return On Investment|
|Low bounce rate||Number of actions taken|
|Lift in digital advertising ROI||Opportunities / Pipeline|
Conversion Rate Optimization
As essential part to expanding business online, conversion rate generation helps to attain business goals in a much better and robust way.
- Landing page creations for events and different occasions
- Special limited period offers (Valentine and IPL Matches Campaign)
- Trying Volume Discounts
- Up selling and cross selling
- Cross Selling Options
- Package Deals
- Incentivizing the offers
- Thank you page offers
- E-mailer for activities like (Stay in touch, Accelerator Campaign, Lead Life Cycle Campaign)
Display ads on partner sites and highly customized display advertising campaigns on networks like.
- Double Click
- Ad Media
- Microsoft Ad Center
- Yahoo Advertising
Influencer Groups (Marketing)
Contacting with niche groups of user and establishing rapport with them, like Fashion Bloggers and Marketing Heads
Mobile advertising by developing responsive websites, apps and promoting on mobile advertising networks is being carried out.
- Millennial Media.
Search Engine Activities (SEO)
On page optimization
Keyword and Meta based activities to be carried on the website.
- Content Update
- Image optimization
- Alt Tag Creations
- Image Optimization
- Keyword Density
- Site Map Development
- XML Sitemap Creation and Analysis
Off page optimization
- Article Submission
- Blog posting
- Business Directory
- PPT Sharing
- Press Release and other activities
Pay Per Click
Google Ads, a program based on Pay Per Click on the basis of bid keywords is being qualified on following criteria:-
• Keyword’s expected click-through rate (CTR) as is calculated based on pastCTRs and how the keyword has historically performed in your ad.
• URL’s past CTR: How often your display URL received clicks.
• Account history: Your overall CTR on all ads and keywords.
• Landing page quality: The relevancy of your landing page and how easy it is to view and navigate.
• Keyword/ad relevance: How relevant your ad is to your keyword.
• Keyword/search relevance: How relevant your keyword is to what the customer searches for.
• Geographic performance: How successful you have been in the regions you are targeting.
• Ad performance on a site: How your ads are performing on Google and other partner sites.
• Targeted devices: How well your ads perform on mobile and tablet devices.
- PPC headlines have to pop.
- The strong language to create a sense of urgency.
- Headline to convey authority as it is competing against other PPC ads.
PPC Ad copy
- A great PPC ad has good copy and an engaging headline.
- Use clear, easy to understand language
- Use vivid and emotional language
- Focus on keywords and the intent behind them
- Have a compelling offer and CTA
- Don’t go overboard with abbreviations and shortened phrases
Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and others
- Compelling messages
- Eye catching visuals
- Mass audience appeal and shareability
- A clear CTA
- Organic isn’t enough on its own; use paid programs as well
- Focus on valuable content and solid offers
- Create strong calls-to-action I(CTAs)
- Social is a two-way street
On the basis of curate data from resources can be mailed from time to time on PROMOTIONAL, INFORMATION AND REMINDER basis.
Mailer subject line
- Frame your subject line as a question.
- Try a list. This is where you’re “Top10” and “5 Tips” subject lines come in
- Make a psychological appeal.
- Be conversational.
- Short and sweet
- Cut out the marketing-speak
- Address a pain point
- Don’t forget to proofread
Thus a well designed digital marketing campaign can be successfully devised for an effective business leads and propositions.